Alice Bryant is a freelance writer and educator based in Devon, UK.
Absorbed by landscapes, place-making and the psychogeography of towns and cities, Alice worked with Dover Arts Development on the CHALKUP21 project, to investigate and interview just some of the people who formed part of the tapestry of Kent’s coastline. Often found in the sea, she has a deep appreciation of coastal towns and a special place in her heart for Dover. Now a guardian of the Dover Arts Development legacy, she hopes to help work to bring DAD’s ethos and ideas of operation forward into the future.
Since graduating from the University of Kent in 2015, she has also worked within a variety of different cultural tourism and arts organisations, including Canterbury Festival, Wise Words festival, The Gulbenkian and Culture Kent. She has written a children’s theatre show, Under the Frozen Moon, with theatre company Half a String and it has had success touring throughout the UK for the last two years. Alice is now dividing her time between freelance work and working in a special educational needs school, where she aims to channel her experience in the arts into an educational setting.
- DAD Guardians: announcing Alice Bryant
- Thank you & Seasons Greetings
- What Next Zoom Salons
- What Next? Salon#1 Notes
- What Next? Salon#2 Notes
- What Next? Salon#4 notes
- Structures on the Edge : Poetry, drawings, small fortunes and more structures
- CHALKUP21 Washed away from the Dover Regatta
- An interview with Dover artist, Benjamin Hunt
- DAD launches CHALKUP21.com and installs the first of the nine trail plaques
- Chalkup21 launch
- chalkup21 second trail research walk
- First research walk of the The CHALKUP21 Trail from Capel to Dover