Alice Bryant is a freelance writer based in Devon, UK. She studied English and American literature at the University of Kent and was awarded a Margo Katherine Wilke Undergraduate Research Scholarship at Purdue University, Indiana.
Since graduating in 2015, she has worked within a variety of different cultural tourism and arts organisations, including Dover Arts Development (CHALKUP21 project), Canterbury Festival, Wise Words festival, The Gulbenkian and Culture Kent. She has written a children’s theatre show, Under the Frozen Moon, with theatre company Half a String and it has had success touring throughout the UK for two years. Alice is now dividing her time between freelance work and working in a special education school, where she hopes to bring her arts experience into an educational setting.
Absorbed by landscapes, place-making and the psychogeography of towns and cities, Alice worked with DAD on the CHALKUP21 project to investigate and interview just some of the people who formed part of the tapestry of Kent’s coastline. Often found in the sea, she has a deep appreciation of coastal towns and a special place in her heart for Dover. Now a guardian of the Dover Arts Development legacy, she hopes to help work to bring DAD’s ethos and ideas of operation forward into the future.
- DAD Guardians: announcing Charles Holland
- Thank you & Seasons Greetings
- What Next Zoom Salons
- What Next? Salon#1 Notes
- What Next? Salon#2 Notes
- What Next? Salon#4 notes
- Structures on the Edge : Poetry, drawings, small fortunes and more structures
- CHALKUP21 Washed away from the Dover Regatta
- An interview with Dover artist, Benjamin Hunt
- DAD launches CHALKUP21.com and installs the first of the nine trail plaques
- Chalkup21 launch
- chalkup21 second trail research walk
- First research walk of the The CHALKUP21 Trail from Capel to Dover