Charles Holland is an Architect, writer and teacher. He is the principal of Charles Holland Architects, a multi-disciplinary practice with offices in London and Deal. His work includes architecture, art, writing and research and ranges in scale from the urban masterplan to the domestic interior.
Charles is a former director of FAT and a co-founder of Ordinary Architecture. His completed projects include residential, civic and educational buildings as well as exhibitions, interiors and public art. His work has been exhibited at the Royal Academy of Art, the Victoria and Albert Museum and the Venice Biennale. While at FAT, he was the co-designer of A House For Essex, the practice’s collaborative project with the artist Grayson Perry, recently nominated for the Mies van der Rohe European Award for Architecture.
Charles is currently a Professor of Architecture at the University of Brighton where his research focuses on housing and experimental rural settlement. He writes and lectures about architecture regularly and contributes a monthly column to the RIBA Journal.
- Charles Holland
- Watercress and Daffodils: The book
- Charles Holland’s Big Drawing
- the explorers Walk3 : An Artists Walk with Simon Bill
- the explorers walk2 : an historians walk with Andy Rayner
- THE EXPLORERS WALK1 : An architects walk with Philip Hutton
- Explorers Walk Leaders explore the West Wing Battery
- Historic England visit to the West Wing Battery
- Architecture-on-Sea : An Evening of Buildings, Stories and the Seaside
- A bracing ten-mile walk across the clifftops
- One more down and one to go
- Architecture-on-Sea: An Evening of Buildings, Stories and the Seaside
- CHALKUP21 plaques are installed on the Dover Sea Front
- DAD launches CHALKUP21.com and installs the first of the nine trail plaques
- Chalkup21 launch
- An Interview with Charles Holland
- Dover Arts Development receives an additional £5,500 of funding for CHALKUP21
- chalkup21 second trail research walk
- First research walk of the The CHALKUP21 Trail from Capel to Dover
- Yale Studio