Katharine Beaugié is a light sculptor; she works with our human, primal connection to light and shadow and it’s resulting connection to being.
Her sculptures and installations are made from various materials including burnt wood, gold leaf, water and the alternative photographic process, photogramy.
She has been a full time artist since graduating from the Glasgow School of Art in 2000. Kate has experienced artists’ residencies, her work is in two permanent British art collections and she has received funding from Arts Council England to develop her creative practice. She exhibits her artwork widely.
Katharine has been developing a project called the Music & Light Symbiosis since 2013, which combines classical (Early) music and sound with water/ light installation work, in an immersive environment.
She is a long-term member of the Dover Studio Collective and has worked with DAD on a few occasions, being one of the artists commissioned to undertake an artist’s residency for the ‘Art in Park: Kearsney Interpreted’ project 2018-19 with her event and exhibition River Song | Music & Light Symbiosis no. 2.
- Art in the Park – Kearsney Interpreted Artists Films
- Park Bench Video Preview
- Katharine Beaugié’s River Song
- Katharine Beaugié River Song Exhibition Sunday October 14th 10am -4pm River Garage Studio
- River song : new date
- Park Bench: final day at Kearsney
- The Park Bench Project gets under way
- The Park Bench Project
- 10 artists 10 works for the DAD 10th Anniversary Newspaper
- Let’s get together
- DAD @ SALT
- a tangible reminder, a souvenir, of the collaborative work ‘Weathertime’.
- Weathertime Premiere
- Buckland Mill Revisted
- Nautical Threads project film
- Inspirational composition workshops
- Drawing workshop at St Mary’s
- Composition workshop at St Mary’s CEP
- Text, poetry and drawing workshop at Castle Community College
- More concrete poetry workshops with Dan Simpson