Louisa Love is a Dover-born contemporary artist working experimentally across sound, music, writing, installation, performance and collaborative/curatorial activity. Through multi-narrative artworks and events, she explores interests in the multiplicity of the individual voice and how this is ‘performed’ across aspects of language, matter, space, place, bodies and technology. Roaming a multitude of concerns and processes encompassing both exhibitionary activity and experimental live art, she is interested in exploring the intersections of making, writing, thinking and sounding as expanded processes of ‘voice’ and subjectivity.
Louisa’s work and research is particularly focused in sound studies, taking an interest in the physical dimensions of sound and orality, the role of sonic practice in identity discourse, and acoustic ecology. Since 2019 she largely works collaboratively with Clive McLachlan Powell as sound artist duo OOR_Scintilla.
Louisa gained her BA in Fine Art from UCA Canterbury in 2013 before moving to Scotland in 2017 to undertake her MFA at Edinburgh College of Art. Born and raised in Dover, she has worked closely with DAD since 2013 on various developmental activity and public projects including DMAG: JoinedUp, CHALKUP21 and WHAT NEXT. From 2019 – 2020 she was a committee member of EMBASSY Gallery in Edinburgh.
Louisa joined Clare Smith and Joanna Jones as a third DAD director in September 2020 and currently operates between Kent and Scotland.
- IWD Drawing Together 2021
- Thank you & Seasons Greetings
- Dover’s Big Draw 2020
- Exploring the Pop up possibilities at the Buckland Mill site
- What Next Zoom Salons
- Watercress and Daffodils: The book
- Louisa Love leads second ChalkUp21 walk that follows the White Cliffs
- Chalkup21 launch
- Louisa Love leads first ChalkUp21 walk
- An Interview with Artist, Louisa Love
- chalkup21 second trail research walk
- 10 artists 10 works for the DAD 10th Anniversary Newspaper
- First research walk of the The CHALKUP21 Trail from Capel to Dover
- Louisa Love returns to the Aylesham Heritage centre
- Let’s get together
- DAD @ SALT
- a tangible reminder, a souvenir, of the collaborative work ‘Weathertime’.
- A brilliant night
- Weathertime Premiere
- INSPIRATION = DOVER: preparing for the exhibition
- DAD launches Colouring Book
- Louisa Love at the Kent Miners’ Festival
- Kent Miner’s Festival drawing event
- Visiting East Kent Railway
- Joined-up artists getting into the swing of things
- DAD4DADS 6 WAYS 2 WELLBEING final event
- Artists’ networking evening
- Louisa Love’s first visit to Aylesham heritage centre
- Nautical Threads project film
- Louisa Love helping with lantern making at St Richards
- More fabulous drawing workshops
- New Year starts with a workshop with Tania
- Big paintings using projection: workshops with Tania McCormack
- Collaborative Research Group visit DAD in Dover
- Drawing workshops with Tania McCormack
- More concrete poetry workshops with Dan Simpson