Pierre-Yves Brest (1967) lives in Lille. He studied photography at the École national superieure de la photographie d’Arles (France) and history of art at the Université de Paris-X. Since 2006 he has exhibited at the Musée des Beaux-arts of Dunkerque, at the FRAC Nord-Pas de Calais, at the Galerie Le Carré in Lille… In 2007 he published an artists book titled “Le Bataillon de Sourbrodt / The Sourbrodt Batallion” thanks to a grant received from the Conseil Régional Nord-Pas-de-Calais.
He currently teaches at the School of Art in Cambrai, where, in 2007 he set up a festival of contemporary photography.
Since 2001, Pierre-Yves Brest has been developing ideas in which the experience of particular territories is central to his work, and this is reflected in the work undertaken as part of Résider/Reside.
- All inked up
- 10 artists 10 works for the DAD 10th Anniversary Newspaper
- Let’s get together
- Annabelle Amoros’s Dover Residency
- Making things happen
- Annabelle Amoros & Nikita Shergill: DAD Photography Exhibition
- French student selected
- EKCC III
- Trip to Lille
- DAD PRESENTS TOP PHOTOGRAPHERS AT LONDON ART FAIR
- Resider/Reside publication
- Resider/Reside finissage on 11 December
- Work by Pierre-Yves Brest and Sharon Hayward on Dover’s BBC Big Screen
- Resider/Reside opens in Dover
- Resider/Reside opening
- Work by Pierre-Yves Brest