A practicing artist and teacher, currently living and working in East Kent. Tania has worked on a variety of commissioned work in Vancouver and exhibited in the UK and Canada.
The mundane and everyday become minute records, a small history captured within my drawings. My main tool is pencil. Drawing with pencil is accessible and immediate, echoing my inspiration that to draw is a never-ending process, a record of intense, private moments of nostalgia, escape and loss.
I am fascinated by the random and the imperfect, and so the process of making is as important to me as the finished work. A piece may even begin as a result of accidental marks made by a previous drawing. By adding and working with these marks, my imagination becomes a reality with lucid and fractured qualities.
- A brilliant night
- Inspiration=Dover the event
- INSPIRATION = DOVER: preparing for the exhibition
- DAD launches Colouring Book
- Mid project gathering
- Joined-up artists getting into the swing of things
- First guided tour of Sandwich Guildhall
- Artists’ networking evening
- Buckland Mill Revisted
- It’s Our World: The Big Draw in Dover 2014
- Nautical Threads project film
- Nautical Threads exhibition in Dover Library
- Nautical Threads exhibition in Deal Library
- Drawing workshop at St Mary’s
- Drawing workshop at Astor College
- More fabulous drawing workshops
- New Year starts with a workshop with Tania
- Big paintings using projection: workshops with Tania McCormack